Saturday, February 2, 2008

What I've Been Working On.

It's taken several months, but I finally think I have made progress in my release. Of course - like every "new" thing I've learned - there's always a period where things sort of fall apart while it gets integrated.

But here are some of insights:

1) At this point I can play any line from board 1 to maybe 23-24 in terms of getting to the foul line and releasing the ball on a general target. I also have a "last resort" spot at 29-31 where I throw my spare ball the way I'd go after an edge pin but targeting the pocket (if you use the 3-6-9 or 4-8-12 rule for making cross-lane spares, then this would be an extension of that to zero or one board aiming for 19-20) --- I don't necessarily recommend it, but one in a while when the oil is completely unreliable and I NEED a good idea of where the ball will go, it's worked.

No comments: